Cross-border payment startup Payoneer launched its first set of APIs this week. The New York-based company’s integrated payments APIs aim to make it easy for business platforms to power cross-border payments across the globe.
Using the new APIs, financial service providers can help their users in 200+ countries get paid by clients in 150+ local currencies without leaving their platform. After a simple integration process, companies can let Payoneer do the heavy lifting of regulatory compliance, licensing, security, and customer support. Among the first to leverage the new APIs is FinDEVr alum Xero (FDSV 14), a cloud-based accounting platform. Other use cases include:
- Freelance management platforms
- B2B marketplaces
- Invoicing platforms
Founded in 2005, Payoneer offers multiple payout options, including prepaid debit cards, local bank deposits, international wire transfers, mobile payments, e-wallets, and paper checks. The company facilitates mass payouts for businesses looking to transfer money internationally, a service that supports companies such as Newegg, Airbnb, and Fiverr. Last October, H2 Ventures and KPMG named Payoneer as one of 50 industry leaders in fintech. That same month, the company closed a $180 million Series E round, which brought its total funding to $270 million. At FinDEVr New York 2016, the company’s director of engineering, Mark French, showcased how Armor Payments’ escrow solution has been integrated with Payoneer. The company also made an appearance at FinovateAsia 2013, where it launched a commercial account.
Our FinDEVr New York developer showcase is next week on March 29 & 30. Register today and we’ll see you in New York!
- TechCrunch reports: Almost everyone is doing the API economy wrong.
- Financial Information Services Provider Markit Merges with IHS.
- Symbiont and Ipreo Team Up to Accelerate the Loan Settlement Process.
- Check out our latest round of FinDEVr New York previews, featuring:
The latest from upcoming FinDEVr New York 2015 presenters:
- Xignite to provide free market data for FinTech Sandbox demo participants. Join Xignite in New York for FinDEVr next week.
- Markit to supply FinTech Sandbox with fixed income pricing and reference data.
- PayPal to enable money transfers to Cuba via its Xoom acquisition.
- 3dcart merchants gain access to end-to-end payment processing courtesy of Braintree.
- OnDeck partners with Innovate Finance to debut Transatlantic Policy Working Group.
- Markit unveils new tax utility service.
- Intuit Developer Group Drops Financial Data APIs; Partners with Finicity to Ease Transition.
- Let’s Talk Payments lists SnoopWall and Entrust in its round-up of the hottest mobile security companies.
- Avalara teams up with WooCommerce to help online merchants manage sales taxes.
Stay current on daily news from the fintech developer community! Follow FinDEVr on Twitter.
A look at the companies presenting new developer tools, platforms, and integrations at FinDEVr New York, March 29 & 30.
Payoneer will give a live demo of how a marketplace can integrate the online escrow service of Armor Payments using the Armor Payments API. You will see how easy it is to create accounts, initiate orders, and manage the workflow of escrow transactions. And also how Armor Payments’s escrow solution has been integrated with Payoneer’s mass payout solution.
Why it’s a must-see:
Because offering a licensed and highly secure online escrow service on a marketplace simplifies transactions between buyers and sellers, and opens new business opportunities for companies around the world. All this, with the simple addition of an API, and without having to deal with the regulatory aspects of managing the funds.
Check out the rest of today’s FinDEVr New York Previews: